Things Unleavened:
Dogs: check (well, they smell better now, at least)
Girlscout cookie box: check
Dorm room: nope
Home room: yep
Dorm building: (wild laughter) umm.. no. I'll be lucky to just have my section of my dorm room clean
I had a nightmare the other night. It's the first one I've ever had about unleavening. Ok, so I was straightening up my area before sundown, because, well, the Holy Day was starting. The sun was setting outside, and it was a beautiful sunset, all oranges and pinks - and it was obvious (in ways things can only be obvious in dreams) that I had approximately an hour before the sun was truly set. And on my shelf, I find a box of crackers. Unopened crackers. Leavened crackers. So I'm a little concerned, but set it aside and keep cleaning. Then I find another box, and another... and a whole can of baking powder (in a dorm room! what am I doing with baking powder?!?). Soon I have a whole pile of unopened packages, and I'm rather worried. I don't remember buying them, and I have no idea where they are coming from, or why I would have bought it all so close to ULB. So I scoop it all up in my arms, and go out into the hallway, and down the stairs, and out where I should be able to throw it away. And there is no dumpster. And I can't just dump them anywhere (for some reason, I'm back home now, and if I dump them anywhere, it's still on the property), so I'm frantically looking around for anywhere I can put these boxes... and then the dogs barked and woke me up. I was seriously freaking out the whole time, though.
My parents got me all the non-perishables for making ULB, so now all I have to do is get the eggs and butter and such, and ask my roommate if I can keep them in her fridge, or just make it all in one day down in the kitchenette (I also brought dish soap, b/c while they have pots and pans, they don't have soap, so they're all gross). Oh! And I'm HIGHLY disappointed in Wheat Thins. The Low Sodium crackers used to be unleavened (for that matter, so did original... it's not original if they change the recipie,now is it? Liars.) Now, Kroger-brand wheat thins are unleavened, so I'll see how those taste this year.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's really sad :)
at least you're not counting children's heads...;) um, yeah, sorry about that.
Post a Comment