Ten thousand more to go...
I haven't posted about the swimming competition in a while. My reason? I haven't swam at all since the first twenty. Between work, fencing, school and laziness, I just haven't had the time. Fortunately, school's over now, and with it fencing. I can't work down here until I get re-certed for CPR, and we no longer have someone at work that can do that for us, so I have to arrange it with EMS. That leaves laziness as my only excuse. It gets lonely and caves easily, though, so we all packed up for the pool last night. My parents started swimming 2 weeks ago, so on Sunday, the standing was:
Mom - 70
Dad - 65
Me - 20
As of last night, the standing is:
Mom - 86
Dad - 81
Me - 40
I would have swam more, but the guard was an old friend/teammate/coworker, so I spent half the time talking to her and finding out who else came back for the summer. Other than that, I've spent my time back home running errands and playing in the backyard bramble patch. Yesterday, I found a lovely little oak tree growing up in the red roses. I haven't had the heart to cut it down yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment