Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Camp is MY favorite!
I love camp and camp loves me. Madeline had her dorm sing "we love Linda yes we do" every time they saw me. I earned swamping bruises on my legs, canoed solo for about a mile, paddled through lilies just after sunrise and kayaked for the first time. A night, I stayed up giggling with the councilors after the campers went to sleep, sitting around the fire even though it was hot and muggy out. The salt grass around our launching site cut up my legs, so when we had some spare time, Diana and I took a machete to it. The park rangers warned me not to "go Rambo on it", so we were careful, but there is a picture out there of me threatening Mr. Weston with it. Besides all that, highlights include racoons cleaning up camp after dark, armadillo by the bath house, "You spooked me like a horse", "For the sake of your sanity, go take a shower!", "Hello, and what's on your face?", 'scary' stories, fish running into the canoes (what do you call a fish with no eyes?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment