Friday, December 22, 2006

Good Bones

I have 2 dogs. Both are mutts - one's half chow, the other is half collie. Great dogs - a little daft some days, but still good dogs. The collie likes to lay under the car. She had a rash on her back that they say isn't to be blamed on the whole car thing, but car grease can't have helped much. Anywho, the rash. It needs medicine sprayed on it (not the most pleasant thing in the world to be sure, it stings!) So I call her over, and start spritsing like crazy in hopes to finish before she's realized what's going on. Unfortunately, she's not that daft, so she just walks past me (like I'm some sort of car wash she's going through with my little squirt bottle) leaving me to chase after, heading for a conveniant table to hide under. Fortunately for me, she has a rather long tail. The perfect handle. I grab on and finish the job, and let her scramble under the car, tuck-tailed, to lick her wounds. In the mean time, I walk to the other side of car and start opening the treat box. Before it's fully opened, I have a new best friend. The medicine thing, well, that's behind us now, and that tail is the going full-tilt.

I took them for a walk this evening - a little Sabbath treat for us both. The catch was, they had to agree before hand to, well, walk. It worked out better than expected. The chow choked a bit as her collar dug into her throat whenever she tried to run (stupid leash kept stopping her), but after a bit we fell into a nice rhythm. The weather is beautiful, and the new street lights down our lane aren't so bad. They add a yellowish glow to a small section of the road, but there are still some nice dark patches to walk in.

No comments: