Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Rejoice!

Julie got married Sunday. It was a crazy rush of emotions through the entire weekend. I was amazed at how many people showed up and wanted to help set up and celebrate. It was encouraging seeing so many people from all the different areas all gathered together, working together, and remembering how to be a family again. I came across a verse that I think fits and ties it all up in a bow rather nicely: I Cor 12:26 "And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it." So here is to honoring my sister (and brother-in-law) and rejoicing!

On a different note that is slightly connected: somebody mentioned how much time and effort we spend critisizing the different splinter groups, pointing out all of their faults instead of seeing what we can learn from their strenghts. They are our family, too. I'm as guilty as the next person (and probably a great deal more so) and so this is less a critisizm than a statement of trying to change an attitude and fault of my own.

Anywho, that's all for now...first post yay! I've been crushed by the overwhelming peer pressure and finally gotten my own blog...*I feel special now!*

No comments: