Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Icicles on a Chain-link Fench

Sabbath last week rocked! Church got cancelled. I came back up here early to avoid the ice storm. My parents didn't want me driving through it on Sunday, so they drove up with me on Friday. My parents are the greatest! But yeah, back to Sabbath. The Todds invited me to their house for living room services. We watched Mr. Wally Smith's first telecast as our sermonette, and then sang hymns. They have amazing voices. Seriously. And it isn't just because they are family and their voices are similar, although that does help. They can read music and know how to harmonize and all that jazz, too. After that, we were joined by the guys, rounding our total out to 10. They, too had watched Mr. Smith's sermonette at their place. Coincidence? I think not. After lunch, the sermon was fully downloaded, so we watched it. It was one from the feast, and covered a lot of what we had spent most of lunch discussing. I love it when things like that happen. So much fellowship and biblical discussion was definitely a treat, and to be taken in by another family is a lesson in love. I think I'd be horribly homesick without them.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Hey Linda... I remember you guys from Montego Bay. We were corresponding with your mom until I lost her address. Do you mind sending it to me @ mbpalme AT hotmail DoT com? Thanks.

You weren't in college in '05? I thought you and Julie were both out of high school.