Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Buddy Knows

It snowed today! EEEE!!! Northerners have no idea what they have. Ok, maybe they do and just get too much of it, but this stuff ROCKS! I would have gone all Calvin and Hobbs on it, but there wasn't enough and I didn't want to hog all of it. It was a complete surprise. I woke up to my roommate's phone ringing, and then to her talking about snow, and I was up. Everyone else enjoyed the day off of school by sleeping, but I went off to romp and frolic. I made a little puppy dog with all the snow within about 4 feet of me, scrapped off the sidewalk. Then I set him on a bench and ran back to my dorm for a camera (not digital, so it will take me a while to get them developed) and some trail mix. I didn't have coal for eyes, so I used blue M&M's instead, and an almond nose, and a dried mango tongue. Then I set the pup - Snow Buddy - on a bench, and went on with my explorations. When I returned later, it was apparent someone had played fetch with him. His paws and ears were all dirty, and there was a stick in his mouth. Again, later, after I had warmed up, I left my dorm, and there was Buddy, sitting on a bench outside my dorm - a good 50 yards or more from where I had left him. Somebody had taken my pup for a walk, and given him a twiggy little tail, but he was definitely finished playing fetch. The stick was gone from his mouth. Some days people rock. The M&M dye had melted a bit, and he looks a little more like a blue-eyed panda cub now.

2 comments:

Prizilla said...

Awesome. Love the Snow Buddy story. You have dried mango lying around?

Also: Hey, I was SO excited when it snowed yesterday...after this year I totally appreciate it *nods*

linda_kiddo said...

Homemade trail mix is the greatest. My parents love (spoil?) me...yeah, all that lack of snow is to teach you northerners a lesson. The powdery stuff rocks! Oh! And somebody game Buddy a mohawk.