Friday, February 23, 2007
Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose.
Spring is in the air, breezing its way through the fields and wrapping itself around me with its grassy smells and soft sunshine. Weather like this always fills me with the giddiness that comes with the nearness of the holy days and spring break and blooming flowers. I've been busy with delaying beginning projects by finding good books to read - I just finished Exodus by Leon Uris. It's a great book, and I highly recommend it. It is about Zionism, from the beginning of the movement in Russia, then about the World Wars and how they pushed more Jews into Palistine, and the fight to establish a nation. I've also worked some and wasted time on-line, but I'm going to be rather busy for the next couple of weeks, hopefully, starting all these projects which will be due after spring break. Ah, procrastination - the reason I start so many minor projects and such (avoiding others that I am dreading) - how I love it! There always comes an urge with this season to begin counting down to things. But I believe I will resist and try to enjoy each day as they happen - they are all going by so fast anyways, I should give them more credit than just crossing them off as having passed. What do you get as reward for "getting through another week" except to have another week ahead of it? So why cross off the time as if life was a race? Have a happy and productive Sabbath everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment