In honor of the three days of snow fall we have had here (almost all of which has already melted), I will share with you the only poem I have ever written. It's from sometime in Jr. High. Happy winter, everyone!
A Houston Winter
Eating icecream in December,
thinking back I remember
all the snow I ever saw
- a snowcone stand owned by my pa.
Back inside I start to freeze.
Will that A/C ever cease?
I look outside and see
something I thought would never be.
The snow is falling fast and thick.
I really hope this snow will stick.
Racing out into the street
I try and taste this tiny treat.
Standing there full of hope
Soon my mouth is full of soap.
Looking up I find the plot
of a mischievious little tot.
He's standing there, the little dear,
Pouring out a box of Cheer.
And when his finished, does he hide?
No! He runs and gets a box of Tide.
And who's to blame
for this tremedous act of shame?
The mother? The father? The little tot Dale?
Perhaps it was the two-for-one sale.
Friday, February 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha-ha! That's cute!
I LOVE THIS POEM!!! Oh, and you wrote the poem about rhyming with orange... Love ya!
Haha, nice. I greatly admire your poetry skillz ;)
It made me laugh....
rach
Nicely done! Julie is so cute. She showed me this when I was at her and Bert's place Saturday night. She was bragging about you and everything. It was so mushy. :-P
You could totally write a kid's book of poetry.
haha! I love it Linda. I'm with Rachael on this... I would definitely buy the book. And of course, a book signing and a special sale for church people would be a must... let me know when it's published ;)
Post a Comment